- PPHS has a collection of books, scrapbooks, newspapers, other printed matter and ephemera pertaining to local history. We are currently in the process of digitizing the newspaper collection. Access can be arranged by contacting us or visiting History House during open house hours.
- The Parsonsfield Old Town House Collection consists of books, records, receipts, reports and other items retrieved from the Parsonsfield Old Town House on Merrill Hill Road. The majority of these items were from the 1800’s and 1900’s with a scattering of pieces from the late 1700’s. Included are many tax valuation books. Please contact Lyn Sudlow (email@example.com) for more information.
- PPHS has an extensive collection of historical photographs of our area. Most have been digitized. Contact Jan Iler (657-7019) for further information.
- PPHS has an extensive collection of items related to our local history. Most were donated by supporters of our mission and are used in various exhibits. If you would like to make a donation, please contact us.
If you have items or photographs of historical interest to our towns, that you would consider donating or sharing with us, please contact Jan Iler (657-7019).
Interested in genealogy? Here are a few places we suggest to do more research…
- Maine State Archives: www.maine.gov/sos/arc/research/genealogy.html
- Ancestry.com: free access available at local libraries.
- LDS Family Search: https://www.familysearch.
- Find-A-Grave: Millions of burial records recorded & contributed by volunteers.
- PPHS also has cemetery listings and records for our local area.